UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

My Top 10 LUSH Christmas Dupes // 2011

Hey lovelies. So I know I've posted about LUSH a lot lately, but it's been Christmas and we all go mad for LUSH then don't we! I know loads of you all love LUSH like me and from chats on twitter and comments on here, we're all sad that some of our favourite products have gone, until next Christmas, if they come back in the collection.


Well believe it or not I have a way you can still enjoy your Christmas products. The scents are either the same, but in a different product form or very similar. So here's my Top 10 Dupes for Christmas LUSH. Some you may know already, if you've read my posts closely or a big LUSH junkie like me.


Dupe number one, is the most obvious, because they just dress it up Christmassy every year in a different 'outfit', shape. One year it was a candy cane, now it's in a mountain. Candy Mountain is found on our shelves in the form of a bubble bar like Creamy Candy. I guess the clues in the name, it didn't take me long, all those years back to figure out. I love it. Creamy Candy and now Candy Mountain/Candy Cane are good favourites of mine. It used to be my most purchased product from LUSH. It's actually cheaper to buy as Creamy Candy. My Mum, informed me. See, even she's a little LUSH junkie now. I'm a proud Daughter.



Now for the fans of jilted elf, which I think is a love it or hate it item. Some days I love it, other days I hate it. I've got a pot I haven't touched yet. However if this product was a favourite of yours, don't worry, you can still shower with the same exact scent! When I first purchased this before Christmas, I instantly ran to my LUSH stash and dug out The Olive Branch shower gel. They smelt the same. Exactly. So you can still lather up and smell like a jilted elf. Personally the shower gel is a much easier product to use rather than jelly.


Fan of the melting snowman? I know I certainly was. I've got one and a half left of these amazing products. I'm saving them for when I have a really awful day and my skin just wants a lot of moisturising. Well I have two products that are very very similar, the scent's may differ a little, but you'll get the same results as this little man gave you. Pick up a little butterball bath bomb or a Ceridwen's cauldron, a bath melt. Personally the bath melt will give you a bath more like the snow man. But the bath bomb is still just as moisturising. Perfect for sensitive skin.


Another old time favourite, good old Cinders, everyone loves Cinders. Cinders is the ultimate Christmas smelling bath bomb around. It contains popping candy too. Adds a little fun to your bath. Well I've always said Fizz banger, a bath bomb has been a dead ringer for Cinders. I think it smells 80% similar to Cinders and it contains the popping candy and is one of the more fun bath bombs that change colour throughout. Perfect and a lot bigger than Cinders.


For all us Snow Fairy fans, that haven't stocked up enough or want to go careful with the Snow Fairy they have. Godmother Soap is the exact same scent. Go and smell it! I always think they should put Godmother in the gift sets rather than Angel's Delight soap. Godmother is their best soap too personally, it lathers up so well. I'm nearly out, there's the smallest piece if you can ever call it that, left. Whatever godmother soap I buy, it's used up so quick by my Mum. My Mum is mad on the scent. I have to buy her, her own now.



A skin product, I love this cleanser, I've stocked up with another pot so I can have perfect skin for a bit longer. Buche de Noel, my go to cleanser for the past two Christmas' now. It's amazing. But when I run out, I pick up Angels On Bare Skin. It's the same sort of formula and does the same job. Just a few different ingredients, so it's not Christmassy.


Were you a fan of the Golden Wonder this year? The most amazing bath bomb ever. How pretty was it. All gold and glittery. The colour changing insides alongside colour beads that made it rattle. And the gorgeous scent. Well this scent reminded me of the supernova bath bomb, you know the one with all the streamers in? Well that went and a new product was added, Dragons Egg. Now to me, this smells the same as Supernova, so it smells the same as Golden Wonder. It's another colour changing bath bomb too, filled will soap disks that don't block your drain up. Perfect.

Three Gold rings, now this is one product I haven't used yet, but the smell and looks remind me of Karma, both are bubble bars. To be honest I always think Karma is a Christmas type of scent. This is perfect. It's a good favourite of mine. I'm on a roll with all these dupes, if I find out more, who wants to know them?


Superstar bubble bar, god I loved this product this year, it came in yellow with a pink star or pink with a yellow star. This wasn't a typical Christmas scent. An all year round scent. I'd love it if they kept it, like they decided to bring back It's Raining Men, from last Valentines day. This product is similar to a discontinued massage bar, but also reminds me of an all year round bath melt. Happy Blooming, I'm on my last segment of this. You get three 'triangle' portions.


For the not so sweet fans, that still love the bubbles, you will be a massive fan of Christmas Eve, like my Mum is. She adores this scent and anything similar and quite a few products have been discontinued. But the two products she likes and finds similar are Christmas Eve and then the all year round, Blue skies and Fluffy White Clouds. Only difference being Blue skies is sooo much bigger and better value!

So there you have it, my top 10 Christmas LUSH dupes. I hope some of you enjoyed them and get to try all of them this year! You don't always have to rush out to the sales when you find the all year round dupes! If any of you do use them in a post of your own, do give me credit, since I've sat here and worked them all out or you! :D Did you know any of these before?

23 comments

  1. ohhhh finally a dupe for snow fairy. thats my all time fav lush product and as your post says, im definitely going easy on this haha ,congrats on 500 (': x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I have the Snow Fairy and Godmother soap, my mum uses it too haha! Congrats on 500, that is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a brilliant post! Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to get a couple of Fizzbangers as Cinders is my absolute favourite Christmas delight. The Bubblgum lip scrub also smells exactly like Snow Fairy.. I can't get enough of that scent, I've stockpiled enough shower gels to last until next christmas! x

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great I loved the Christmas LUSH collection, nice to know I can use it all year round! Congratulations on 500 followers lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have a lot of LUSH :) I still havent touched the £85 LUSH giftbox I got! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome post! Congrats on 500 cutie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need the godmother soap, i tried to buy the 50% snowfairy and they only had the little bottles left :( not good.

    peachykeen1992.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's an amazing round up you've done! Going to be trying a few of these dupes for myself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Posts like this make me so sad I am allergic. I tried browsing in Lush the other day and lasted two minutes before the itching and swelling started :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are officially a Lush expert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I thought candy mountain smelt familiar ;) Creamy Candy has got to be one of my favourite bubble bars!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Lush posts! Keeping some of these in mind for the next trip to Lush I make :) oh and congrats on 500 followers, whoop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post hun, the pictures are all lovely and its great knowing that i can get great having the alternatives x

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your such a lush junkie :P love it! I never really got to try a lot of the christmas range which was a shame, but now I can try the dupes :P well done for getting over 500 followers! So deserved xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i actually love this post xxx i want more, i love it that much i have bookmarked it, i know sad right ? xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dupes using products from the same brand. That's some inception there. :p I used to get sad when the Christmas products were gone. Great post. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post hun! :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for recommending the 12 Days of Christmas Lush box set! I'm loving it that and the magic wand! I used the snowman one in my bath yesterday, and it was gorgeous and my skin felt so nice afterwards. You are definitely making into a LUSH addict more and more each day! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey hun :) I have given you a blog award http://sweet--rachel.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-blog-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blog, this post was lovley to read to. I love lush will defo be asking for some for my brithday :o)
    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fab post hun!! I love Golden Wonder but equally love Dragons Egg, they are very similar :)

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live on jilted elf! I love it soo much x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig